Goa GCET result 2023 out on goacet.in; Direct link & how to check
The Directorate of Technical Education Goa is the conducting body of the state-level Goa Common Entrance Test (Goa CET). Through the Goa CET, aspiring candidates can secure admissions in the professional courses in Architecture, Engineering, and Pharmacy that the government / aided participating institutions conduct.
Goa CET: Eligibility Criteria
|Name of the Authority||Directorate of Technical Education|
|Name of the Exam||Common Entrance Test|
|For Admission into||Various Degree Courses|
|Academic Session||2023-24 Academic Session|
|GCET 2023 exam date||May 13-14, 2023|
|Declaration of GCET result||May 17, 2023|
|Result Mode||Online Mode|
- For BE/ BPharm Courses:
He/she is required to clear the Class XII exam from the Goa Board or any equivalent exam. More so, in the qualifying exam, they should:
- have Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects
- have any one of the following subjects Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science/Bio-Technology
- secure at least 45% aggregate marks in Maths and Physics and one of the following subjects Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Chemistry
Goa CET: Exam Pattern
Conducted in offline mode, the Goa CET contains a total of 225 multiple-choice questions, with each question carrying 1 mark. For incorrect responses, the examiners do not cut marks.
Also, the Goa CET has a 6-hour duration and contains 3 papers in all, with each paper running for 2 hours, see below:
- Physics: (75 questions, 2 hours)
- Chemistry: (75 questions, 2 hours)
- Mathematics: (75 questions, 2 hours)
Goa CET: Admission Process
The online and offline Goa CET admission process is detailed below:
For offline applications:
- Browse the home page of the DTE Goa official website, dte.goa.gov.in
- Select the ‘GCET 2021 application form’ tab
- Proceed by downloading the application form in PDF format and taking a print copy
- Fill in the mandatory fields in the application form
- Attach copies of the compulsory documents
- Pay the application fee via demand draft in the name of ‘Director of Technical Education, to be paid at Porvorim
- Submit the filled application form to the admission office before the given deadline.
For online applications:
- Go to the DTE Goa official website
- The first step is to register on the site by giving all the requisite information. These include registered mobile number and valid email ID.
- After registration, the applicants will receive a mail with a verification link on the given email address.
- The next step is to click on the verification link and proceed to fill the online application form
- Continue by filling in all the mandatory details
- Upload a scanned copy of latest photograph and signature specimen
- Pay the application fee (as mentioned) and select exam center
Goa CET: Admit Card
After screening all applications following the stipulated deadline, the examiners release the admit cards of the shortlisted candidates. The admit cards are downloadable after the applicant signs into their account with their login details. The admit cards are, also, sent to the given email address.
The admit card is examined by the examiners at the exam hall. So, the candidate should carry their respective admit cards to the exam venue. Through the admit card, the exam authorities can confirm the identity of the candidate. So, carrying the admit card to the exam hall is mandatory.
Goa CET: Counseling
Post the declaration of results, the shortlisted candidates have to register for the counseling rounds. The Goa CET authorities allot seats in the participating institutions after considering the candidate’s performance, preference, and availability of seats.
The applicants who are allotted seats should report to the given college to confirm their seats.
|Result Announcement – Direct link to check GCET result 2023||Date|
|The Goa Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has released the Goa GCET Result 2023||May 17, 2023|