An edutainment initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India, SWAYAM Prabha is an educational DTH platform. Through this digital learning DTH channel subscription program, learning becomes an enjoyable experience for children.
With SWAYAM Prabha, students can access classroom sessions through their television screens. More so, students have an online discussion forum for interacting with teachers to clear any doubts and pose their queries.
Through the SWAYAM Prabha DTH e-learning channel, students can upgrade their skills too. Also, as part of the SWAYAM Prabha initiative, pupils can avail round-the-clock educational programs. As such, they can make their stay at home during the lockdown period productive.
Through SWAYAM Prabha, teachers can also connect with a large number of students, without them being physically present in class.
Moreover, one of the main advantages of this e-learning format is that the content is telecast via DTH channels which makes learning more affordable and accessible. Besides, people from rural areas can get the opportunity to learn from qualified teachers. In all, SWAYAM Prabha offers students the flexibility to learn at their own speed.
SWAYAM Prabha: a Brief
SWAYAM Prabha contains DTH channels that offer e-classes to aspiring candidates in view of the Covid-19 situation that has lead to lockdowns across India and the world.
Using Swayam Prabha DTH channels, students get fresh content for 4 hours every day. Plus, the content will be repeated 5 times per day. So, pupils can choose to learn whenever they get time during the day. For now, SWAYAM Prabha is available only in select states of India.
SWAYAM Prabha offers subscription for 32 DTH channels, which are telecast via the GSAT-15 satellite. Some of the major content partners of the SWAYAM Prabha web portal are NIOS, NCERT, IGNOU, CEC, UGC, IITs, and NPTEL. The INFLIBNET Centre is responsible for the maintenance of this e-learning platform.
SWAYAM Prabha: who can benefit?
The benefactors of SWAYAM Prabha subscription are listed below:
- Senior Secondary students (from classes 9 to 12)
Along with focusing on grooming students, SWAYAM Prabha has teachers’ training modules and educational aids for children as well. With these training aids, educators are better equipped to help students to prepare for the competitive exams, where they have to excel to get admission in the professional degree programs.
- Students studying in higher education classes (undergraduate and postgraduate levels)
The DTH e-classes contain curriculum-based programs and content for undergraduate-level and post-graduate-level pupils. The SWAYAM Prabha channels offer courses in a variety of disciplines. These include agriculture, medicine, law, engineering, technology, social sciences & humanities, performing arts, commerce, science, arts, among others.
SWAYAM Prabha: Benefits
Aspiring candidates can avail a package deal via DTH subscription. The various benefits of using SWAYAM are detailed below.
- Free-of-cost subscription
The e-learning app is available free of cost. Only you have to contact your DTH service provider to access all the 32 available channels.
- Updated content
Learners at all levels get 4 hours of fresh content daily via the DTH channels. Moreover, content is available in the form of pictures, videos, and diagrams for easy learning.
The SWAYAM Prabha channels are available throughout the day. Also, the daily content is repeated 5 times a day. So, aspirants can learn whenever they find it convenient. All they have to do is study the program schedule to select the preferred times of the stipulated programs.
SWAYAM: Registration and Admission Process
For accessing the SWAYAM Prabha DTH Channels, users have to apply for subscription. The SWAYAM application process ensues online.
- The first step is to browse the official website of SWAYAM, https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/index.php/home. Here, search for the ‘Register’ link toward the top-right corner of the home page.
- Then, the system is directed to the SWAYAM registration page, where the ‘Sign Up Now’ tab shows for accepting new registrations.
- To register, you have to enter some basic details and follow by clicking on the ‘Send Verification Code’ tab.
- Next, you will get a verification code on the given email ID. Click on the given link and input the given code as part of your email verification process.
- Proceed by entering the other mandatory details as displayed on the screen and then click on the ‘Create’ tab.
- Continue by providing your other basic details and thereafter select the ‘Save and Continue’ tab.
- The final step is to click on the ‘I Agree’ checkbox for SWAYAM registration.
- Upon registration, you can access the SWAYAM e-learning channels.