Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination (AEEE)

The Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a deemed to be University which conducts the Amrita Entrance Examination Engineering (AEEE). The AEEE is held for assessing the eligibility of candidates for the various undergraduate-level engineering courses that the University provides.

Applicants can opt to give the AEEE either in online or offline mode. Also, they can apply via AEEE, or the JEE Main exam, for getting admissions into the University programs.

Out of the total seats, 70% percent are allotted via AEEE, while the rest 30% is assigned on the basis of JEE Main.

Where JEE Main candidates are concerned, they are eligible for direct admissions. And, in the case of the applicants who are applying to AEEE, they will be called for the counseling and seat allotment rounds.

AEEE: Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualification 

To apply to AEEE, the aspirant has to first clear the 10+2 exam or any equivalent one, with a minimum score of 60% aggregate marks in PCM subjects. Also, they are required to secure at least 55% percent marks in each paper.

Candidates who are appearing for their Class XII exam in the year that they are applying to AEEE are also considered eligible to apply.

AEEE: Application Process

As mentioned earlier, the examiners accept both online and offline applications.

For online applicants, the aspirants have to download the online application form from the official portal. They must follow by providing all the requisite information in the form. However, they have to first complete the registration process and furnish some basic particulars.

Next, they will receive their login details via email address or mobile number. Then, they have to sign into their accounts on the portal to access the application form. 

For applying, they have to fill in the details as mentioned in the application form and upload the required documents. They have to also tender the application fee via the acceptable payment methods.

Thereafter, they have to submit their applications online. After application submission, the system displays the Confirmation Page, of which they must take a print copy for their records.

To apply offline to AEEE, the aspiring candidates have to collect the OMR application form from the University office. Next, they have to fill in the mandatory info in the form and submit the filled form at the counter.

AEEE: Exam Pattern

The AEEE question paper has a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. The candidates have to answer 100 objective-type questions, with each answer carrying 3 marks. If the applicant gives an incorrect response, then 1 mark is deducted from his/her overall marks tally. The question paper carries 300 marks in total.

The question paper contains the following sections:

Physics: (30 questions, 90 marks)

Chemistry: (30 questions, 90 marks)

Mathematics: (40 questions, 120 marks)

AEEE: Counseling

The counseling rounds are held in offline mode, with the selected candidates having to register to participate. They will receive counseling call letters; they are downloadable after they sign into their respective accounts on the portal. They must bring along these letters when attending the counseling sessions.

The concerned authorities allot seats to the shortlisted candidates during the counseling rounds. They consider the candidate’s preferences, overall performance, and availability of seats.

After securing a seat, the applicants have to go to the stipulated college for paying the course fees and complete any pending admission formalities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *