The Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur (XLRI), is the conducting body of the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). The XLRI carries out the XAT on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institute (XAMI). Management aspirants can apply for XAT for getting admissions in the various renowned management institutes. Following CAT, XAT is the second-most popular exam for pursuing management courses in India.
Over 100 prestigious management schools consider XAT scores in India. Upon qualifying XAT, the applicants become eligible for admissions into the different management courses in the participating institutions.
The XAT is designed to assess the different skills of the candidates. They are tested for their mathematical, verbal, and analytical writing skills. Going by the performance of the aspirants, the business management graduate schools can gauge their ability to pursue advanced studies in the field of business and management.
XLRI XAT 2023 registration begin on 10 August 2022
The last date to apply for the exam is November 30, 2022
About Xavier Aptitude Test
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Short Exam Name||XAT|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Test Takers||Nearly 95,000|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|XAT Registration 2023 – Highlights|
|Conducting body||Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur|
|XAT registration fees*||Rs 1800/- | Rs 2000/- (Late fee)|
|XAT registration start date 2023||August 10, 2022|
|XAT application form 2023 last date||November 30, 2022|
|Availability of XAT admit card 2023||December 24, 2022|
|XAT 2023 Result date||January 20, 2023|
|XAT 2023 exam date||January 8, 2023|
|XAT Admit Card 2022|
|XAT Exam Result 2022|
XAT Exam: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for XAT, the candidate must possess a graduation degree in any relevant stream and from a recognized body.
The different management courses vary in eligibility criteria, as studied below.
- The 2-year Post Graduate Program in Business Management, Personnel Management, and Industrial Relationship
To apply for this course, the applicant has to first complete a recognized 3-year Bachelor’s degree program or gain any other equivalent degrees. Even candidates who are appearing for their final graduation year exams are invited to apply.
- 1-year General Management Program
Any candidate who aspires to pursue this course should have a 3-year Bachelor’s program degree from any recognized educational board of India or abroad.
The aspirant should have 5 years of relevant work experience following their graduation.
- 4-year Fellow Program in Management
The requisites for this course include having a Master’s or equivalent degree or CS or ICWA or CA with a minimum score of 55% for general category candidates. The SC/ST category candidates have to score at least 50%.
In the case of candidates who possess a B.Tech or B.E. or other equivalent degree, they have to pass with at least 60% marks if applying via the general category. If applying through the reserved category, they have to get a minimum of 50% marks.
Also, if the applicant is appearing for their final exams, they can apply for this course.
XAT: Exam Syllabus
The XAT is divided into 3 sections, which contain objective-type questions on the below-listed subjects. Apart from the objective-type questions, the question paper contains an essay, based on which the candidates have to answer questions.
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Data Interpretation
- Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
XAT: Exam Pattern
The XAT exam is conducted for 3 hours and has two parts: Part A and Part B.
Part A runs for 2 hours and 20 minutes, containing questions on varied subjects. These include English Grammar, Data Interpretation, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and Decision Making.
For Part B, the applicants are given 40 minutes and posed questions on General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
The General Awareness section has questions on Economics, Business, and Politics that pertain to the Business Environment.
XAT: How to Apply?
- The first step in the XAT application process is to visit the official website, xatonline.net.in, followed by selecting the ‘XAT Registration’ tab.
- Then, the candidate has to provide some basic details and enter the desired password for the system to generate a unique XAT ID.
- Next, they have to log in to their XAT account and furnish their educational qualifications and other mandatory information.
- Along with filling the requisite details, the aspirants have to pay the exam fee as well.
- They can pay via online payment gateway system which includes debit cards and credit cards.
- To pay by cash, they have to visit any IDBI bank branch with a print copy of the XAT challan and make payment.
- If they want to pay by demand draft, it has to be drawn in the name of ‘XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT’, payable in Jamshedpur.
- If the candidate pays via cash or demand draft, then they must also fill in the payment details on the registration page. Else, the system will not permit them to upload their signature specimen and photograph.
- The subsequent step is to upload a recent photo and signature specimen.
- Thereafter, the system generates the XAT Confirmation page for reference purposes. For any correspondence from the XAT office, they must use their XAT ID.
- Also, if the applicant pays via Demand Draft, then they are required to mail the DD and confirmation page to the XAT office address within 15 days of the DD date.
XAT: Admission Process
Each participating institute of XAT shortlists candidates independently. They can apply to their preferred institute individually.
The applicants who want to pursue XLRI programs after XAT registration can apply by visiting the official website, www.xlri.edu.